Cadman Cranes assist with Solar PV installation at Colchester College
We were proud to work alongside decarbonisation specialists, Cadman Construction, on the installation of new solar photovolaic (PV) panels onto the B Block roof at Colchester Institute.
We applaud the decarbonisation efforts by Colchester Institute, and are pleased to be able to contribute to their efforts through our own sustainability strategy.
By choosing to work with sustainable suppliers like us, companies can directly reduce the CO2 output of their projects. We love working with other local companies making a difference and working together towards a cleaner future.
In October 2021, Colchester Institute joined many other organisations and colleges in declaring a Climate Emergency.
This means the College has a full commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and increasing the sustainability of how they do everything.
They have a three year plan for this, and are now in their second year. They believe there needs to be urgent and substantial action to address climate change.
In 2022 at their Colchester Campus they completed a £5m project to reduce their own carbon footprint which included major alterations, along with improvements, of key buildings. They have introduced new charging facilities for electric cars and are planting 200 trees this year.
Future ambitions include:
- Establishing e-bike charging points in covered shelters
- Increasing the number of solar panels on our roof spaces
- Installing electric car charging facilities at our Braintree Campus
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our menu on campus
- Growing more of our own food for our on-campus Balkerne Restaurant
- Developing new teaching spaces to allow delivery of crucial new skills in heat pumps, electric vehicles, and renewable energy
Cadman Cranes Delivers Exceptional Results in Machinery Movers Project for Manufacturing Plant
Cadman Cranes Continues to Grow Fleet with 50-tonne Liebherr LTM 1050-3.1 Taxi Crane